How to Avoid a Hurricane (in employee benefit costs)
In this episode we talk with long time MacKay CEO Forums member, Gary Zlotnik, Chairman & CEO of ZLC Financial.
After graduating from the University of British Columbia with a Bachelor of Commerce degree, Garry Zlotnik began his career as a Chartered Accountant at a national accounting firm. In 1981 Garry left the firm and joined forces with his father, Harold Zlotnik, at Zlotnik, Lamb and Company, later renamed ZLC Financial.
Today Garry serves as the Chairman & CEO of ZLC and is recognized as a Chartered Accountant, Chartered Life Underwriter, Certified Financial Planner, a life and qualifying member of the Million Dollar Round Table, and a 21 year member of Top of the Table, an organization that recognizes the top 2% of individuals in the industry.
In 2010, Garry was recognized for his community service and was awarded a Community Service Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants. Garry was also recognized by the accounting community for his exemplary service to the profession and was given an FCA designation.
Garry participates actively in the financial industry by regularly conducting seminars with major accounting and legal firms and speaking at events such as the annual Top of the Table annual meeting.
Garry also offers additional wealth management services as an Exempt Market Dealing Representative through our affiliate ZLC Wealth.
Garry has earned the following designations, and is, or has been a member of the following organizations:
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Planner (CH.F.C.)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of BC, admitted 1980
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (F.C.A.) 2010
- CEO, ZLC Wealth
- President, Barrington Wealth Partners Inc.
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors, Conference for Advanced Life Underwriting (CALU)
- Member, Life Underwriters Association of Vancouver
- Member, National Structured Settlement Trade Association
- Past President/Chair, Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver June 2007- June 2009
- Past Co-Chair, Vancouver JCC Maccabi Games 2006
- Past Chair, Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Vancouver 2002-2005
- Past President, Richmond Country Club 1990-1992
- Health Wellness