The Sky Is Not the Limit
Opening Keynote Speaker: Astronaut Chris Hadfield
Join us for this complimentary one-day event with Chris Hadfield and other global thought leaders who will share powerful stories, strategies and ideas that will reshape your future as an inspiring leader.
Following our Keynote speaker, join us for a series of EDGE Leadership Talks discussing a panorama of subjects. You will be able to choose which sessions to attend that best suit you.
- Winning Rock Star Talent in a Competitive Marketplace Paul Gibbons, McDermott + Bull
- Supercharging Radical Adaptability IT Roadmaps Eric Sugar, ProServeIT
- Real Estate as an Asset Class: Separating Facts from Fiction Murray Neilson and Mark Hannah, Nicola Wealth
- Real Entrepreneurial Growth Strategies Bill Ciprick, BDC
- Doing Business with Purpose Driven Organizations Jay-Ann Gilfoy, Vancity
- CEO Caring, Health and Brand Responsibilities Craig Busch, Busch Systems
- It’s Never Too Late to Be Healthy – Reaching Peak Health in Middle Age Kevin Brady, Advica Health
- A Taste of Fresh Produce Innovation Doug Grant, Oppy
- Sleep is the Ultimate Performance Drug Rick Tiedemann, Copeman Healthcare
- Emergency Preparedness in the Workplace Maurizio Divito, Real Time Networks
- eSignature – The Remote Work Productivity Tool Scott Owen, signNow
- Biggest Mistakes for Hybrid Meetings Mike Milburn, 3D Datacomm/BoxAV
The speakers were great with lots of insights and it was very valuable to have my entire executive team attend with me.
– SUSAN SENECAL, CEO, A&W Restaurants
What a great day, full of learning conversations! The best part for me was meeting the other participants, none of whom I knew before attending.
– KAREN MORGAN, President & CEO, Saanich Peninsula Hospital
The EDGE Summit was one of the best leadership events I’ve attended! All of the speakers seemed to be the best of the best and the MC, Steve Patterson, was really, really funny. A nice touch that added a fun element to the day.
– TREVOR WELTON, VP BC & YUKON, Hemmera
Opening Keynote Speaker
Astronaut | First Canadian Commander of the International Space Station
Referred to as the “most famous astronaut since Neil Armstrong,” Colonel Chris Hadfield became a household name as the first Canadian commander of the International Space Station.
A heavily decorated astronaut, engineer, and pilot, Hadfield’s many awards include the Order of Canada, the Meritorious Service Cross, and the NASA Exceptional Service Medal. Hadfield is also a bestselling author of three books, an acclaimed musician, and the host of two internationally acclaimed television series, including National Geographic’s One Strange Rock.
Closing Keynote Speaker
Executive Vice President, Regional Banking, Personal & Commercial Banking, RBC Royal Bank and the Chair and Chief Executive Officer, Royal Mutual Funds Inc.
Purpose-driven and inclusive leadership.
Katie leads RBC’s eight personal and business regions in Canada. This includes more than 20,000 advisors in branches and business centers, and industry-leading specialist teams such as Commercial Banking, Financial Planning, Investment and Retirement Planners and Mortgage Specialists.
Edge Experience Chair
CEO & Founder, MacKay CEO Forums
Passionate about populating the world with inspiring leaders, Nancy founded MacKay CEO Forums to accelerate CEO performance through peer learning. Nancy is a CEO coach, dynamic keynote speaker, and published author.
Dr. Nancy MacKay is the founder and CEO of MacKay CEO Forums, the highest impact and least time intensive peer group for over 1000 CEOs, Executives and business owners across Canada. With a dream to populate the world with inspiring leaders, she founded MacKay CEO Forums in 2005, after seeing first hand the tremendous value of having CEOs come together to learn from each other, and to help each other deal with their toughest issues and challenges.
Nancy is a CEO coach, dynamic keynote speaker, published author and a former university professor. She is the host of The CEO EDGE Podcast Show with thousands of listeners from around the world. Nancy holds a B.Math and a Masters degree in Management Sciences from the University of Waterloo, as well as a Ph.D. in Business from Canterbury University in New Zealand. She is the co-author of “The Talent Advantage” by Wiley Publishing. Nancy loves playing squash and travelling around the world with her family and lives in BC.